Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1st Challenge + meet our May Guest Designer

Hi again everyone!

Time for our next challenge! How quickly does time go? THANK YOU to everyone that participated in the last challenges. The Design Team is busy voting and I will have the winners in the next few days. 


Our May 1st challenge is:

Journalling criteria: write your journalling on a journalling spot (if you are making a card or altered project you use a quote on a journalling spot instead of journalling)

and this sketch...


Now introducing our next Guest designer. Please give a warm welcome to our May Guest Designer

Hello, I am a stay at home mom to my 3 kids Becca 14, Emmy 11, and Carter is 2. I live in central Indiana with my hubby of 15 years, 3 kids, and our yellow lab. I have been scrapbooking for a little over 14 years now and was first introduced to this hobby when I was expecting my first child and have been hooked ever since. I have been designing for various scrapbook design teams and also teaching classes for the past 6 years and I absolutely love every second! I am thrilled to have so many opportunities in this crazy scrapbooking world of ours, and honored to be a guest designer for Once Upon A Sketch!!
My Blog: Welcome To My Neighborhood


Welcome Sarah! It is LOVELY to have you here!!

Here is Sarah's interpretation of our sketch and criteria

Now here is an example from Kyoko, our other Guest Designer for May who was our winner last challenge..




Design Team Examples

..starting with the first one from Irma. Irma has used the May kit from Tidbitz In Time and is also Guest Designer there this month. Tidbitz In Time is a US kit club who have invited our entire Design Team to be Guest Designers there and work with their upcoming kits for almost the rest of the year. Lucky us! We get their latest kit to work with and you will get to see some examples here and the rest of what our team has created at the Tidbitz In Time blog and website gallery










**All chipboard is from Imaginarium Designs




Hope you have been inspired by all this AMAZING talent!!!
Now its YOUR TURN!!!

Things to consider when playing along...
**This is an international blog, so anyone can enter
**You are allowed to create a card, layout or off-the-page item based on the provided sketch and additional journalling criteria. If you are creating a card or altered item you only need to include a quote.
**You are also allowed to flip or rotate the sketch or alter it to suit your needs, but please make sure its still recognisable.
**Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery  and link it on our right sidebar using the Link tool.  Please provide a direct link to your post, not your entire blog.If the link tool is down, please leave a comment on the comments section and link your layout there.
** The deadline for this challenge is midnight May 14th. The Design Team will vote and the winner and the Top 5 project will be announced soon after the challenge has finished.
**You may enter as many times as you like and combine this with other challenges.
**Also, please consider turning off word verification for comments on your blog.

For a complete list of the rules please see the top of this page.
Please see below for our May sponsors. 

Can't wait to see what you all create!

16 comments:

  1. another great challenge & wonderful DT examples x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Congrats Sarah!!!! I love the examples and this is an awesome sketch!! Can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for inveiting this time.
    It's a wonderful sketch !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work girls & Nadia the blog is looking awesome. Love the tabs at the top - makes it really simple to find what you are looking for :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great challenge!! Nadia, you are really doing a great job with this blog....its a regular on my "sketch stops" now!!! I LOVE the journalling requirements because I seem to journal so much less these days! I just wanted to say thanks and that I appreciate all of your work in giving us all such great sketches, challenges and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    I have a message for Lou.... Yes there is journalling on the tag! You cant see it that well as the flowers are covering it. I have the date and the words make-up free on there... I will take a close up and add that to the post.
    http://jodis-sraphaven.blogspot.com/2011/05/once-upon-sketch.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Beautiful layouts!!! Congratulations for all!
    I made a layout based on sketch, but only now I saw that journaling was in the rules.
    Well, I'll show my project yet, because I loved this sketch.

    http://scrapmemorys.blogspot.com/2011/05/desafio-sketch.html

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sketch Nadia, and lovely DT examples - as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nadia and ladies!! I love the blog and the sketch!! Great pages!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did my page based in this sketch...
    Lovely lovely!
    http://lolo-artesanato.blogspot.com/2011/05/2-los.html
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulation for DT , the examples are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nadia!
    Thank you soooo much for visiting my blog and for your kind words about the layout I posted on Once upon a... sketch this first time. Living in a far away country with so little access to scrapbooking supplies, words of encouragement are greatly appreciated. I love that you focus on journalling. I think its so very important!! We put so much time and effort into our LO and if we consider them a legacy for future generations, journalling should definitely make up a huge part of them!!
    Wonderful blog and wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sketch!!:) Thank you for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok I'm posting my layout!! love this blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sketch :)
    I made a layout based on sketch and I like very much.

    Kisses
    Cyntia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good blog: You should start many more. I love all the info provided. I will stay tuned:)

    ReplyDelete